Prince Harry and Megan Markle are due to marry, but the brides father may not attend. Find out about the language that the world’s media is using to talk about this story.
There is uncertainty whether Meghan Markle’s father will attend Saturday’s wedding between his daughter and Prince Harry, the sixth in line to the British throne.
It follows reports that Thomas Markle co-operated with a paparazzi photographer to pose for pictures. Mr. Markle had been expected to walk his daughter down the aisle, but he’s now reported to have told journalists that he’s decided not to go.
complete embarrassing failure
• Filming was a complete fiasco – the cameras didn’t work and the sound was bad.
• There was a bit of a fisaco when the best man realised he’d lost his speech!
quits before the end
• Don’t rely on John for anything. He always bails at the last minute.
• He bailed on the presentation to go to the beach?! Tell him he’s fired immediately!
out of control due to worry or urgency
• After the earthquake, their frantic rescue attempts saved many lives.
• Dan’s mum was frantic with worry when she couldn’t find him at the theme park.