Improve your English with the BBC. Learn the language from this news story about President Trump and the migrant caravan that is heading towards the USA border.
The Mexican president-elect Andrés Manuel López Obrador has urged the authorities in southern Mexico to protect the thousands of migrants making their way towards the United States.
He was speaking in the southern state of Chiapas, where the migrant caravan has reached the city of Tapachula. President Trump has said migrants will be turned away if they reach the US border.
a large group of people travelling together
• There is a caravan of people moving towards the border.
• The group is travelling in caravan for safety.
makes a strong or serious promise
• The Prime Minister vows to reduce taxes over the next four years.
• I made a vow that I would stop eating meat. Now I’m a vegetarian!
uncontrollable excitement; extreme emotional reaction
• There was hysteria when the pop star took to the stage.
• When Neil fell over, we laughed hysterically.