So, great excitement in Malawi, where the first large-scale pilot of the malaria vaccine is launched later today. Basically, Malawi is going to start using the vaccine as part of its routine immunisation programmes for children. Ghana and Kenya follow soon.
Key words and phrases
test to see if something works before making it more widely available
• The school took part in a pilot scheme to improve reading.
• The new sitcom pilot was so funny they decided to broadcast it.
using new, innovative methods
• Groundbreaking goal-line technology has changed football.
• Without groundbreaking new laws, the climate will continue to warm.
organised activity aimed at creating change
• The advertising campaign helped sales double in just a month.
• Environmental campaigners have been occupying parts of central London.
Find out more on our website: https://www.bbc.co.uk/learningenglish/english/course/newsreview/unit-9/session-87