News Review – Everest Deaths: A climber has died on Mount Everest. There have been at least ten deaths on the mountain in just over a week.
More people have died climbing Everest this week than in the whole of last year. Record numbers have been making the ascent, trying to take advantage of the weather conditions. The crowds have been blamed for a surge in cases of exhaustion and dehydration. It’s led to calls for the number of permits to be limited.
the highest point or degree
• The climbers reached the summit on the third day of the expedition.
• Most climbers use oxygen during their ascent to the summit of Everest.
the killing of large numbers of people
• There were scenes of carnage after the explosion in the city.
• There are reports of carnage coming from survivors of the battle.
the number of people killed in an event
• Following the attack, the death toll currently stands at 11.
• Experts fear the death toll could rise as more information is received.