Have you missed football during the coronavirus crisis?
The English Premier League clubs have agreed to start contact training – which means players will not be staying two metres apart. Clubs are discussing the restart of the football season. Neil and Catherine look at the vocabulary in the news around this story so you can talk about it too.
*Please note: We have decided to activate YouTube’s automatic subtitles on this video. The BBC is not responsible for the accuracy of YouTube automatic subtitles.
Premier League clubs will be meeting again shortly to discuss a possible restart of the English Premier League football season. This follows the announcement that the clubs have agreed to start contact training – which means that players will not be staying two metres apart.
• People wonder when normal life will resume after coronavirus.
• Full office working is not expected to resume for a long time.
• As summer edges closer, people are thinking about their holidays.
• Economists say we are edging towards a cash-free economy.
• Some people are surprised the prime minister decided to back his advisor.
• The union won’t back the latest pay offer.
To download the audio and test your understanding, go to our website: https://www.bbc.co.uk/learningenglish/english/course/newsreview/unit-13/session-145